Tell My Side of the Story
Lacey contacted me to let me know about her new blog, The Ag Wife Diaries. It is my pleasure to feature her here.
1. Tell a little about you and your Ag background. I was born and raised in Eastern Arkansas. My great-grandfather and grandfather were both rice and bean farmers. I grew up knowing about farming and the Ag world. In 2006, I married a Aerial Applicator, this put me on the other side of farming. I have learned so much through his occupation and met a ton of really nice people. I’m a stay at home mom and I have two beautiful children.
2. What made you want to start your blog? I was on my I-Pad one day and saw two Ag planes had a accident. One was injured and the other passed away. Fear and loneliness came over me. I felt as if no one could understand my anxiety about the crash. So I decided to make a blog to meet other Ag pilot wives and women in general. It is a way for me to vent about being the wife of a Ag pilot and tell my side of the story.
3. What has been the biggest surprise since you started? or something you didn’t expect: The biggest surprise is the people that has viewed my blog. I didn’t expect for people to care so much. I also I have found that writing is a new found love of mine. It really helps my soul.
4. What is your favorite post and why? My favorite post is “Jesus is my pilot.” That post means the world to me, because It is what I feel everyday. It tells about the fear of my husbands job and how I deal with it.
5. What obstacles have you met and how did you overcome them? I just don’t want to sound negative about my husbands job. Because it is a dangerous job it gets a bad wrap. Aerial application is a great job, fun and exciting! There are way more positives about it than negatives. I try to tell the good and some bad! I have a mix on my blog about my husbands career and my everyday life!
Here is another really good post by Lacey: Fears, Tears and Family